Parenthood is tough enough even before you bring finances into the mix. When you tally it up, you’ll likely spend thousands of dollars a year on Baby’s stuff.
And that doesn’t even account for the crazy-high costs of child care.
To help soften the blow a little, we combed the internet to find the best free baby stuff for parents and parents-to-be — from formula to bonnets to diapers with fox tails on the bottom.
Where Can You Find Free Baby Stuff?
Whether you’re expecting, caring for infants, surviving the terrible twos or preparing for a friend’s baby shower, start with these places to get legit free baby items from well-known companies and boutique brands.
For this post, we rounded up 41 baby freebies and other ways to reduce the price of caring for a wee one, including:
Free Baby Formula
Want to try a new formula but don’t want to waste money on something your little one won’t like? Get free formula samples from top baby formula brands:
1. Enfamil: Join Enfamil Family Beginnings for a free welcome kit of up to $400 in free gifts and a chance to win free formula for a year.
2. Nature’s One: Get a free sample of Baby’s Only Toddler formula, PediaSmart beverage mix, or Mom’s Only Prenatal Support shake mix.
3. Similac: Sign up for Similac’s StrongMoms program for up to $400 in free goodies, plus ongoing coupons and discounts.
Back to top ↑
Check out these brands offering coupons, samples and free baby diapers:
4. National Diaper Bank Network: The National Diaper Bank Network provides free diapers to families in need. Find a partner in your area that provides free baby diapers.
5. Huggies Rewards: Huggies Rewards has partnered with the Fetch app to help you earn points on your Huggies products. You can exchange points for gift cards through Fetch. Gift card choices include diaper-selling stores like Amazon and Walmart to help you get free diapers (or whatever else your baby needs). You can also enter to win a year’s supply of free diapers from Huggies — the sweepstakes runs from March 15 to July 14, 2022.
6. Pampers Rewards: Join the Pampers Club rewards program, and scan codes when you buy Pampers to earn points you can exchange for cash back, gift cards, free baby gear and more. The app also offers money-off coupons for baby gear just for downloading it and signing up.
7. Abby&Finn: Receive a trial pack that includes eight diapers and a travel pack of 20 wipes — just pay for shipping. You can select up to two trial packs per order.
8. Cuties: Sign up to get a free sample of Cuties Complete Care baby diapers, designed to be extra soft and snug with cute, Instagrammable designs.
Back to top ↑
Free Stuff for Moms
Baby’s stuff isn’t the only added expense to plan for when you’re expecting. Moms need care, too! Check out these freebies you can nab for yourself:
9. Free Breast Pump: Under the Affordable Care Act, your health care plan is required to cover the cost of a breast pump rental or purchase, whether you signed up through the health insurance marketplace or not. Insurers determine whether pumps are manual or electric and how long rentals should last.
10. Get up to 10 pairs of nursing pads from Breast Pads with either of these discount codes: ATHRIFTYMOM1 or 1FRUGALBABY. Just pay shipping. The codes give you $35 off any order.
11. The Belly Button: This company’s slick products help you wear pre-pregnancy pants throughout your pregnancy — comfortably. Get a free Maternity Band or two Body Bands with the code NAME1. The code gives you up to $40 off any order, and you just pay shipping.
12. The Noobie Box: The Noobie Box is a pregnancy gift box that’s filled with samples for mom and Baby: nursing pads, milk storage bags, stretch mark cream, vitamins, diapers, WaterWipes baby wipes, diaper rash cream and a pacifier. You’ll pay $12.95 for shipping the baby box in the contiguous U.S.
Back to top ↑
More Free Baby Stuff
Go beyond the obvious. Check out these other free baby samples and other freebies:
13. Birth Announcements: Order birth announcement cards or magnets with Baby’s photo, name, birthdate, weight and height from MagnetStreet, and get $20 in free samples with the code LIFE20SAMPLES. Pro tip: Visit the site in Incognito or Private mode to get the new-customer price of just $0.60 to $0.90 per card or magnet — that gives you more than 20 free announcements.
14. Shutterfly: Download the Shutterfly app to get a free photo book every month to document your family’s growth. Books are 6×6 and softcover, between 20 and 200 pages with the first 20 free, and you can include photos from your smartphone or social media accounts. You’ll pay $7.99 shipping.
15. Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: Dolly Parton started Imagination Library in 1995 to provide free kids books to preschool-aged children. To join the book club, check for availability in your area, and follow the instructions to register.
16. Car Seat Canopy: Grab a cute car seat cover from Canopy Couture for free with the code NAME1. The code gives you up to $50 off your order (basic canopies cost $49.95), and you’ll just pay shipping.
Back to top ↑
Join Baby Registries for Free Gifts
Signing up for a baby registry with many retail or online stores will get you a free bundle of product samples like baby bottles, formula, blankets, diapers, coupons and other supplies.
17. Amazon: Qualifying Prime customers can snag a $35-value free box as a welcome when they create an Amazon baby registry. Customer reviews on Amazon reported getting a muslin swaddle blanket, bottle, pacifier, breast pads, diapers, wipes, laundry detergent samples, a onesie, baby shampoo, diaper rash cream, and more. As an added perk, Amazon also offers a 12-month diaper discount to baby registry customers who spend $500 from their Amazon registry, which can save you a whopping 20% on diapers for the first year of Baby’s life. Talk about a fantastic deal!
19. Target: When you set up a Target baby registry for your baby item needs, you can pick up a welcome kit from guest services at your local store. In it, you’ll find more than $100 worth of coupons and baby samples.
19. Walmart: When you join Walmart’s baby registry, you’ll get a Baby Welcome Box shipped to your door for free. It includes samples of name-brand products from Huggies, Enfamil and Mam, though it’ll vary based on available items.
20. BuyBuy Baby: Start your baby registry online, and you can pick up a free goody bag at your local BuyBuy Baby store. Goody bags include baby samples and coupons for discounts on baby items.
21. Babylist: Get a free Hello Baby Box delivered to your door when you start a baby registry online through Babylist and make a minimum $10 purchase. The free baby box includes goodies such as bibs, diapers, wipes, hats, pacifiers, and bottles . You’ll pay $9.95 shipping.
Back to top ↑
Coupons for Baby Stuff
Every penny counts when you’re budgeting around the needs of a child (or a few). Sign up with your favorite brands to receive exclusive offers and coupons to save on the stuff you need. Just make sure you don’t let them entice you to spend on stuff you don’t need!
22. Mommy’s Bliss: Sign up for an immediate $3 savings on probiotics for moms, kids and babies; and tummy relief like gripe water for colic symptoms.
23. Gerber Baby: Sign up for MyGerber to get expert advice, coupons and offers, a customizable menu planner and tailored content.
24. IKEA Family: Join IKEA Family to receive exclusive member coupons, discounts and freebies.
25. Goodnites: Peruse Goodnites manufacturer coupons to save money on bedwetting products, or sign up with your email address to receive additional coupons and offers.
26. Baby Cubby: Find Baby Cubby coupon codes through RetailMeNot to save on baby clothes, gear, toys and other items.
27. Pottery Barn Kids: Shop for furniture and accessories for kids’ rooms through Pottery Barn, and browse its coupons, special offers and clearance items to get as much as 70% off.
28. The Children’s Place: Subscribe to email or text alerts from The Children’s Place to get 20% off immediately, plus exclusive offers on clothing, shoes and accessories for babies, toddlers and older kids.
29. Carter’s or OshKosh: Join the Rewarding Moments loyalty program to earn points when you buy clothes for kids, toddlers and babies through Carter’s or OshKosh B’gosh. Earn one point for every $1 you spend, and 150 points is equal to $10 free.
30. Nestle Canada: If you live in Canada, register for Nestle Baby & Me to receive a Ready for Baby welcome bundle, free samples, and emails with coupons and special offers.
Back to top ↑
Baby Subscription Boxes
If you want organic or sustainable baby products, a subscription service could help you save money and skip the trips to the store.
31. The Honest Company: You can buy Honest Co. products individually, but you’ll save 20% by subscribing to receive an order every month. You’ll get a month’s supply of diapers and wipes, and can add on extras any month at 15% off. Plus, you’ll get a free gift with every third shipment.
32. Hello Bello: This diaper company, which was founded by actors Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, offers a monthly subscription with a super cute choice of diaper prints available. You can also add other products, such as vitamins and sunscreen, for 15% off, and you’ll get random freebies in your subscription box from time to time as well.
33. Dyper: Subscribe to receive a monthly supply of eco-friendly diapers or training briefs at a discounted price. Plus you’ll get a free diaper bag when you sign up!
34. The Baby Box Co.: Register for free online parenting classes, and get exclusive promotions.
Back to top ↑
Local Free and Cheap Baby Stuff
Look no further than your local community to borrow, buy and receive baby hand-me-downs to save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
35. Local Facebook Groups: Keep an eye on your city or neighborhood’s Facebook group for parents offering free baby items. Or find a local Buy Nothing Project group to connect with neighbors giving stuff away. Then you can pay it forward once your baby is grown by passing along essentials to new parents.
36. Facebook Marketplace: While you’re on Facebook, browse the local Marketplace for parents offering baby stuff for free or trades.
37. NextDoor App: NextDoor is a neighborhood forum where neighbors can chatter amongst themselves. You’ll find crime updates, lost-dog posters and — yup! — freebies. Check the “Baby & Kids” category for free baby stuff.
38. Your Pediatrician: Like other medical professionals, pediatricians get samples from companies all the time. If you have a specific need — or just want to try some sample products — it never hurts to ask.
39. Garage Sales: Garage sales are rife with affordable baby toys and clothes. Pop in toward the end of a sale to see if the owners are willing to give away any remaining baby stuff for free, a trade or a significantly reduced price.
40. Freecycle: With a mission to keep good stuff out of landfills, Freecycle is made up of more than 5,000 local groups of people giving stuff away for free. Search your location to find a group near you and see its listings.
41. Craigslist: Browse Craigslist freebies for baby stuff on offer in your area.